3 - 5 years
Position Summary: Responsible for the complete subrogation process of investigation, negotiation, and settlement of auto/property claims that have been identified to have subrogation potential.
- Navigates through our proprietary database and electronic documents to process and resolve claims with subrogation potential.
- Identify tortfeasor, review liability analysis, assess damages, and negotiate settlements.
- Evaluates the claim to decide if it should be referred to arbitration, suit or collections.
- Contacts and diligently pursues tortfeasors, adverse parties, attorneys, claim representatives, etc. by telephone, letter, or email collect monies due to our clients.
- Prepares any such claims for inter-company proceedings or legal pursuit
- Documentation - Prioritize and appropriately document all activities for recovery. Document files to include all conversations with all parties related to the claim, in-coming and out-going correspondence, current file updates, subrogation analysis, file resolution recommendations, applicable state negligence laws, and statutes.
- Maintain a current diary to ensure timely follow up and handling.
- Ability through experience and education to appropriately handle auto/property subrogation files of moderate to high complexity. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all types of AUTO/PROPERTY subrogation claims to include but not limited too commercial auto, medical payments, personal injury protection, fire, cargo, and product liability.
- Has awareness of laws that govern insurance claims by keeping current on critical case laws, statutes and trends in the field of subrogation. Manages the application of that knowledge to maximize recovery efforts. Maintains certifications and licensures where applicable.
- Requires accomplished communication skills with a strong phone presence in extensive communication with insurance company clients, attorneys, law enforcement agencies and insureds. Must be able to handle difficult conversations and exhibit conflict management skills. All communication must maintain a reputation of professionalism, courtesy, and respect. Assists internal and external customers with the resolution of moderately complex questions with little or no assistance from management.
- Ability to work within a team environment in a positive and cooperative manner. Must be production and results-oriented and consistently perform at or above given goals to include recovery, file quality, and resolution timelines.
- Strong Work Ethic - Take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion. Honor commitments and fulfill promises. Be diligent and persistent to overcome difficult situations. Disciplined to focus on goals with a commitment to the outcome. The ability to make value-based decisions.
- Attention to Detail - Responsible for the accuracy and clarity of all documents. Ability to be thorough and complete when working, processing, or providing information and documentation: tracking details and creating accurate documentation even under pressure.
- Computer Proficiency - Ability to work in multiple computer systems efficiently and understand basic computer programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Teamwork - Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Team Members.
- 5 years or more of AUTO/PROPERTY insurance claims and subrogation experience.
- High School Diploma prefer College Degree.
- CSRP - Certified Subrogation Recovery Professional designation preferred.
- Computer application knowledge.
- Basic accounting knowledge in order to make accurate computations.
- Thorough knowledge of subrogation principles and claims.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Experience handling claim in Canada a plus
Job ID: 248317678