10 - 15 years
We are currently seeking a Chief Underwriter with extensive Medicare Supplement and Final Expense experience to be directly responsible for the organization's overall underwriting policies and procedures along with its compliance with federal and state insurance laws. This position will also oversee and manage all staff underwriters while promoting relationships with insurance institutions, customers, brokers and the community. This is a full-time position located in Salt Lake City, UT. Relocation expenses will be offered for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements underwriting strategy to meet company objectives with Medicare Supplement and Final Expense products.
- Implements underwriting programs, procedures and processes.
- Directs and oversees the underwriting functions to ensure effective risk assessment and retention of desirable business.
- Oversees the assignment of underwriting authority to staff and establishes controls to monitor their ability to accept risks.
- Ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job and a high level of interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this position. Work frequently involves contacts requiring considerable discussion of problems, material presentations and resolving issues impacting departments or divisions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Experience, Education & Skills:
- Broad knowledge and deep experience of Final Expense and Medicare Supplement underwriting required.
- 9 to 12 years related experience preferred and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in applicable field. Master’s preferred.
- Traditional life insurance (Whole Life and Universal Life) underwriting experience preferred
- A broad understanding and ability to navigate insurance underwriting software.
Competitive salary, generous benefit package, 401(K) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness programs and more! If you are looking for a chance to work hard, have fun and make a significant contribution to our dynamic company, submit your salary history and resume today! We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free workplace. A background check is required.
Job ID: 252322999